More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by BiBiComte BiBiComte

Which Item of Power, feel free to add your own as there are an infinate number..

Arbiter's Mark

The Arbiter:

An ancient status. A title that throughout history perhaps only an exceptional few have been allowed to hold, perhaps none. Thanks to a mistake of fate, an early befalling, or, from the perspective of the receiver, a blessing of fortune, the mark of the Arbiter has branded onto a new person, maybe the first in thousands of years, maybe the first ever.

As Arbiter, they are endowed with manipulative control over mind and reality. The gift functions as a general mind controlling, reality altering power. This is also often associated with several specific functions.

These include:

  • Planting - an ability that imposes the Arbiter's choice of thoughts, memories, and/or words into the mind or 'mouth' of the subject, usually with the subject fully believing and supporting it as their own conception.
  • Assuming - an ability that allows the Arbiter to assume the consciousness of any living subject for as long as the Arbiter's original physical vessel is unharmed, with the choice of having the assumed consciousness either rationalize or forget the events initiated during assumption once returned to the original owner.
  • Emoting - an ability that allows the Arbiter to set the subject's emotional state and stimulate feelings, sensations, and perhaps other things, and by itself may be faced with resistance, inconsistent implementation, or unpredictable results, varying from subject to subject.
  • Remembering - a powerful ability that allows the Arbiter to rewrite history and even reality, if they have an imagination powerful enough, by constructing a fake memory they must, in turn, believe as true; if sufficient, reality will acknowledge the memory as true as well and adjust history, space, and other memories to accommodate it.
  • Spilling - a passive ability that usually comes to manifestation during episodes of weakness, mental cloudiness, or stupors that can induce the surrounding subjects into engagements/activities/behaviors influenced by the Arbiter's primal urges or desires; this can be controlled through will or experience.
  • (General Mind/Reality Control) - anything related to mind manipulation, such as mass control or speculative mind swapping, or reality alteration, can also be channeled per the discretion and prowess of the Arbiter. The above named abilities are most often characterized with the Mark but in its full extent the brand is extensively versatile with near limitless range. It operates at its best and further amplified, however, when the marked is able to realize its full potential. In time, when fully realized, an Arbiter may develop the sustained abilities to become a Root Arbiter -- a master manipulator of minds and reality.

The mark is commonly found on the wrist but can be anywhere on the physical body.

As Arbiter, this person is given direct control over people and the world around them. It is potentially catastrophic, potentially life-improving.

If it were to etch itself into the hands of a hormone-fueled teenager, or dirty 'ol geezer, now. Well. Who knows what could happen?

Who receives the Arbiter's Mark?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)