More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 7 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

Do we win?

And the winner is...

A frigid wind has passed over me even though I am attending the fancy Blackbourne Gala. It is surprising to me that I am feeling a chill since I am attending the most fancy and regal party of my life. I am sure that a banquet hall as rich as this has an adequate heating system. The real source of my chill is actually coming from one of the people standing in front of me. I am not worried about Martin even though I have had a dislike for him ever since he announced that he had plans to ruin the quality of my blog writing at his yacht party. I am not TJ even though he was a complete sleazeball to me all through my tenure at ClickIt. He thinks that he is God's gift to women, but he is actually nothing but a pathetic little troll and is not worth me worrying about.

There could only be one reason for the chill in the air and that is Camilla. She is the one who dated my girlfriend Leah before me and made her life absolutely miserable. The only reason that she is here at all is because Martin hired her shortly after Leah and I quit just to mess with Leah's mind. She is pretending not to be interested in anything in particular, but I can tell that she is looking at me out of the corner of her eye. She is playing a mind game with me, but it is not going to work. I am not going to let that shrew know that she is having an effect on me.

"Sadie!" Martin barked.

"Huh?" I squeaked as if I was waking up from a dream.

"I have been trying to talk to you, but you seem to be someplace else," Martin complained.

"Sorry, I must be experiencing a case of nerves," I apologized.

It looks like that I have lost Camilla's mind game and that is quite obvious because of the grin that has appeared on her face. Now I have an idea as to why Leah was trapped in her web for so long. Weather or not you like Camilla, you can't help but notice her when she enters a room. I might have lost the mind game, but I will not lose the game that matters. Camilla will know that Leah is mine by the time this night is over.

"What did you want, Martin?" I asked.

"I wanted to know if you were enjoying yourself at this fine party," Martin clarified.

"Yes, MY GIRLFRIEND and I are having a lot of fun," I responded while taking Leah's hand in a way that would perfectly tell a certain someone what the score was.

"It is a shame that a pretty woman like you had to become a lesbos," TJ ranted. "I could have shown you a few things."

"I owe you five dollars, Leah," I sighed.

"Yes, you do," Leah laughed while grinning at me.

"What's going on?" Martin had to know.

"I unfortunately bet Leah that TJ could restrain himself from doing something stupid at a fancy party like this," I explained. "I apologize for underestimating you, TJ."

"Yeah, you'd better apologize," TJ sneered just before realizing that something was going on that he did not understand. "Wait... What?"

I could not help but throw my head back and let out a loud joyful laugh because of what the idiot did. I could tell that the idiot was steamed because of my reaction.

"Oh, so you think that I am funny?" TJ growled while taking a menacing step towards me as if he wanted to start something with me. I of course had a contingency plan set up for this possibility.

"Before you do something stupid, there is something that you might want to know," I warned the idiot.

"What?" the idiot demanded.

"Do you see that table over there?" I questioned while pointing at the table where all of my friends were sitting and watching me.

"What about it?" the idiot snorted.

"Those are all my friends or my posse if you will," I explained. "They look out for me. If I tug on my right ear, they will all come over and bury you. The newest arrival to my posse is this huge firefighter who could pound you into mush all by himself. If we all act professionally, then we can enjoy this party. If anyone gets the idea to do something stupid, that person should realize that my crew is bigger than your crew."

"This isn't worth my time!" TJ whined while storming off.

"Well played, Sadie," Camilla complimented me.

"Thank you," I acknowledged in such a way so that she knew what I that thought of her compliment.

"Good luck," Martin spoke while extending his right hand.

"Good luck to you too," I replied while shaking my old employer's hand.

"I am surprised that you are being so polite, Sadie," Martin commented.

"Even though I don't like you, I am still grateful that you gave me my start in this business," I reasoned.

I breathed easier when my annoyances left to go a table on the other side of the room. I looked at my wristwatch that I wore on my left wrist and saw that I had a few minutes before they announced who would win the award that we were nominated for. I decided that I needed a drink.

"I think that you handled that rather well," Leah complimented me while kissing my cheek. "You have some nerves in you."

"I'm going to go for a walk," I let out while starting my walk towards the bar.

"Don't go too far," Isabel warned.

"We can't have one of our founders wind up missing in case we win the award," Felix added.

"You got it," I agreed while wandering off.

I was made it to the bar on the other end of the room, but I did not order a drink. My destiny was changed when someone tapped my left shoulder. I turned around to see Leah's little sister Andi. She looked so cute in her blue formal dress and her black hair hanging down her face.

"You look nice, Andi," I commented.

"It's only because you bought that makeover for me," Andi answered with a smile on her face. "Thanks."

"Anytime," I accepted.

"I want you to know that I am so happy that you are going out with Leah," Andi gushed while hugging me. "You have made her so happy. I feel like we are a family."

"I feel that way too," I cried out while patting Andi's back.

I realized that I did not need a drink because of Andi's treatment so went back with Leah to await our fate. I was on pins and needles until the ceremony started. Fortunately I didn't have long to wait because the award we up for was first. I definitely recognized the presenter since he was one of the men that I dated for my only ClickIt article. He may have been rich was he was way too snobby for my taste. He said that he was going to give a speech, but he elected not to because he was in a hurry to get to a date. He opened the envelope and started to read it which caused me to go into tunnel vision.

"And the winner for most innovative blog is... CHICK CLICKS!"

I don't believe it! We won! My dreams have all come true now. I grabbed Leah in a hard hug and we both headed for the stage. The presenter handed Leah a check for $250,000 and a trophy. He then handed me the microphone to make the first speech.

"I would most of all like to thank my business partner and the light of my life Leah. I would like to thank all of my friends who have always supported me. I would like to thank Blaire Hall who gave us the seed money to get us started."

I finished speaking and passed the microphone to my girlfriend.

"I would like to thank my sister who I have worked so hard for. I would like to thank Sadie because this company started because of a woman who would not compromise her ideals. Lastly, I would like to thank Felix and Isabel who write our food articles. We would not be up here if it weren't for you so you should be up here with us. Would you two get up here so they can take our picture."

Our other two coworkers joined us after much prodding from us. When our picture was taken with me standing next to Leah, I had the biggest smile of my life. When it was all over we all went to join my friends for one big party. I guess immense happiness makes a person very thirsty so I stopped at the bar for some champagne. I only got to drink half of it because I saw Camilla talking to my Leah as soon as I turned around. I left my glass at the bar and went into shark mode. I was glad that Camilla had her back to me so I could surprise her. I did not hear all that was said but it ended with Camilla saying that Leah should work with her instead of me. I couldn't handle it so I harshly tapped my enemy on her right shoulder to get her to turn around and face me.

"WHAT IN THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" I shrieked with my face contorted with anger.

"I..." Camilla squeaked like a pathetic mouse.

"It looked to me like you were hitting on my girlfriend!" I interrupted.

"Oh, oh," Cole interjected.

"You don't deserve someone as beautiful and kind as Leah!" I ranted.

"You tell her, Sadie!" Andi cheered.

"You had your chance and you blew it!" I continued. "Kindly bug off and never bother Leah or myself again!"

I stared into the queen jerk's eyes to drive home my point. I was not going to give her the satisfaction of blinking. The louse quickly turned around and headed for the door with her tail between her legs. It was only then that I let out my breath to let my anger go. Leah rewarded me for chasing Camilla away with one of her best hugs.

Do we celebrate our victory?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)