More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LunaCee LunaCee

What are you?

Amorphous Slime

In your base form, you are a crystalline blue gelatinous blob, able to adjust your shape to attack careless heroes who dare to step on you.

Oh, yes-- did I forget to mention you are only about one fluid ounce? (Height measurements aren't exactly accurate when talking about something with no definite shape, you know.) You resent that part of your fate even more than the constant respawning. This is mostly because you would likely die-- and, thus, respawn-- less if you weren't so small that even level 5 heroes could sometimes kill you under their ultra-common "tutorial boots" (whatever that means; all you know is that they are the bane of your existence).

Today is a special day for you. You've just earned a relocation. No longer do you squelch about in the low-level sewers of Livenvale. Instead, you have just arrived in the pristine paradise of Clearwater Lake. It is already much quieter than the sewers were-- no heroes "grinding" through every few seconds. You settle in at the water's edge, just taking in the calm atmosphere, the gently lapping waves, the golden glow of the morning sun above.

All that ends in a split second, flashing into blackness as you register forcible contact of something heavy on top of you.

Moments later, you respawn in the lake. The water around you starts to boil, reflecting your rage. You can't take it anymore. Just because you're small doesn't mean that these so-called heroes can just walk all over you! Unfortunately, you have no way of fighting back that would be particularly effective...

Or do you?

Hmm. I never really have looked at my stats...

Slime
Lvl: 2
Melee Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: 1
Weaknesses: Thunder magic
Special Abilities:

Slime -- changes physical shape at will; changes body/radiant temperature at will; can absorb water for short-term boost in size, but is left with weakened defense.

If you had a mouth, you would be smiling right now. All you had to do was find the stomper...

The only hero you can see who might fit the bill is a lone ranger, currently preoccupied with firing off arrows into a group of innocent minor undead. Typical hero behavior. You might be the only literal case, but you most certainly are not the only one these heroes constantly step on.

Trying to draw attention to yourself, you start soaking up some of the water in the lake. Once you reach a little over double your natural size, you start raising your temperature, causing not only the water around you but your own form to start boiling. Then you begin to splash. It takes a few moments, but, eventually, the ranger does look over in your direction. Most likely presuming you to be some sort of secret "boss," they run straight towards you.

As the ranger nears, you are finally able to take in their appearance. Long, slender legs, a lithe form, long raven hair pulled into a ponytail, almond-shaped brown eyes-- all accentuated beautifully in the unsurprisingly skimpy armor. Put simply, she's beautiful. Too bad you have to crush her now.

To your surprise, she shouts out and is joined by two other heroes-- a knight and a rogue. You are a little more nervous now. One was looking easy enough, but three...?

You start soaking up more water, all the while keeping temperature high and continuing to splash. As your mass increases, so does the height of your splashes. By the time the three heroes have reached the lake shore, you are causing waves taller than them all combined. Just as the ranger raises her bow to take her aim, you crash into the lake, releasing all of the water you have accumulated in the process. The result is a scalding tidal wave crashing towards the heroes, sweeping them off their feet and burning them as it goes.

The waves settle, rolling back into the main body of the lake. A dinging sound rings out and text flashes before you.

LEVEL UP
Lvl. 8
+13 Melee Attack
+10 Ranged Attack

Ability Gained:
Morph Stability -- transform into more solid forms, making it more difficult for attacks to disrupt your adopted shape.

Ability Gained:
Aloe -- secrete a cooling liquid, useful for soothing burns and other wounds.

Ability Gained:
Acid -- secrete a burning gel, possibility of inflicting poison or erosion status effect on target.

Ability Gained:
Calming Waters -- secrete a sedating liquid of varying viscosity, possibility of inflicting sleep status on target.

Wow. How DID you get so much exp?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)