More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by JimJoeBob JimJoeBob

The Princess?

Amber

The moon lit the night sky over the eleven kingdom of Valeguard hidden away in deep forests and several mountain ranges. Two women entered a room with a large canopy bed in the back, three windows providing an array of different views, a grand mirrior with elegant desgins of forest animals carved into it's wooden frame, and an overall nature theme. "Goodnight darling!" Said the older woman as she walked down the hallway as the younger one closed door after passing the threshold. This was princes Amber and only daughter of the elven King Veilmorn the Swift, and he treated her like a precious gem when she was more like the sharp hardened stone of an old spear.

Once she heard her mother close the door to her bedroom down the hall, Amber quickly moved to the mirror in the closet corner of the room. She whispered an incarnation and her long flowing gown was sucked into the mirror leaving her tanned body bare. Her form was toned and athletic from all of her training and it had some intricate tattoos down her left leg, right arm, and around her waist. Then she whispered another incantation into her perky bust and the mirror coughed up a leather uniform, a pit of silver short swords, an onyx and ivory dagger, and a several tools.

Amber fit nicely into her leather rogue disguise, the her pants and cuirass left little to the imagination. She slipped on her gloves and tied the laces on her knee-highs, then she pulled her hood over her head and a mask up to her nose in order to hide her face. Finally she picked up her equipement from the floor, she sheathed her weapons, place a glass cutter in her waist pouch, tied the grapple around her belt loop, filled her front pouches with various bombs and vials, and hid her lockpicking device in her left sleeve.

When she was ready, Amber dashed to a window and leapt out then grappled the roof of her room atop the the second tallest tower in the castle. She perched herself on the edge of the wooden roof although it was harder than solid stone. The castle was actually a Golden Oam, a magic plant that bends to the will of ancient elven Magic in order to be shoes into a structure. This tree has stood atop the far hill outside the capital for thousands of years and had been shaped into a grand structure with many different biomes for various fauna and other flora. The tree is a true wonder of nature and is the most prized monuments to elven culture and way of life about living as one with nature.

From this vantage point, Amber could see the whole castle, the capital (Terralan), as well as the Pale Woods and Vilemire with the Ibisari Mountains lining the horizon. The view provided the elf with some help as to where she'd go and what she'd do with her night.

Where to go? What to do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)