More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by rabbitjack rabbitjack

Which servant is summoned?

Alternate Beginning (Lancer Route)

A pretty face, set in a determined mask, crimson eyes blazing with focus. That is the first thing you see, and the vision is pleasantly distracting enough that it takes you a while to take in the rest of your surroundings. You stand in a summoning circle of gold embedded in a floor of marble polished to a mirror shine. The room looks to your practiced eye to be a basement, but that's not important. There are a number of other figures lined up along the circumference of the room, hooded figures that mutter to each other about success, probability ratios, and other such things in low tones that they apparently think you can't hear. They don't matter either.

What matters is the woman standing in front of you, doing a good job of hiding her nervous excitement behind a warriors bravado. Short red hair, a figure that's feminine despite being no stranger to physical labor, strange clothes that you suddenly know are a business suit meant more for a man. She still makes them look good in your opinion, and that's the only opinion that matters to you. So... it seems that you've been pulled from the Throne of Heroes to take part in the Grail War. There are formalities to be observed.

"Yo, missy! Are you my master?" Formalities were never your strong suit. The woman before you flushes a little at the irreverent tone of voice. Instead of biting out a sharp rebuke, she holds up her hand and pulls down her sleeve, revealing your command seals on the flesh peeking out between jacket and glove. You also notice with interest that her clothing from the polished shoes to the black leather gloves have had runes stitched into them, augmenting her physical abilities considerably. She is also holding a crystal... no... you could feel the connection even without seeing them once. She used your original earrings as a catalyst for the summoning. So she wanted you specifically. A broad grin spreads involuntarily across your face. Interesting!

"I am Bazette Fragga McRemitz. I have summoned you here according to the ancient pacts to act as my Servant in this war." Her tone of voice is businesslike and firm. This is a woman who is used to looking after herself. Someone who is no stranger to battle. Every line in her body screams that she is highly trained. For a human. A Heroic Servant like yourself can easily see through the initial layers and note the edge of excitement and admiration she is trying to suppress. Well, you've always enjoyed the attentions of a pretty girl. Better someone like this than some stuffy old man! She continues, "Tell me, my Servant. Who are you, and what class do you bear?"

Well, what's the harm in that? "I was known by many titles in life. The most common was Cu Chulainn, but you can call me Lancer." Your own tone of voice is relaxed and casual. You're not really interested in putting a bunch of formalities up like a wall between the two of you, and the opinions of the observers here aren't even worth considering. Besides, you're quickly getting the feeling that this woman will be a lot of fun to tease. And who knows? Maybe you'll be able to drag her out of that shell. Yeah, this girl and the promises of some really strong people to test yourself against... what more could you ask for?

What's Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)