More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

A guide to Witcher magic

Witcher's use signs to cast spells, these are the following signs and what they do.

Aard sign

The Aard Sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. It is comprised of a telekinetic thrust that can stun, repel, knock down or disarm opponents, as well as remove barriers and other objects.

Igni sign

The Igni Sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. It is comprised of a pyrokinetic burst that can repel and ignite opponents, as well as start fires.

Yrden sign

The Yrden Sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. It forms a magical trap on the ground that triggers a limited number of times when traversed by a foe causing knock back, damage, and a chance of inflicting status ailments.

Quen sign

The Quen Sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. When cast it forms a protective field around the casting witcher.

Axii sign

The Axii Sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. It is a mental wave that triggers a hex that causes an enemy to fight alongside the witcher. The effect can wear off over time or be broken via damage from the casting witcher.

The Witcher Trials

The witcher trials are primarily a series of three grueling stages in the witcher training process. First comes The Choice, which involves dietary changes and grueling physical training. Young witchers are taught sword skill, monster lore and herbalism. The main trials are as follows:

The Trial of the Grasses, which involved consuming various alchemical ingredients, or "the grasses" and affected the nervous system,

The Trial of the Dreams, which involved the mutation of the eyes, bone marrow and hormones, allowed for better night vision, among other benefits. It also resulted in infertility.

The Trial of the Mountains

Due to his remarkable resilience to the "normal" trials, Geralt was also subjected to additional, even more experimental trials, hence his superior abilities and also his white hair.

Now you know.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)