More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 97 by TheDespaxas TheDespaxas

You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps...

A crazy plan.

Madness! The change of the colors was tormenting his mind, unraveling the his psyche, draining his spirit...

As imaged flashed in his mind he suddenly was able to focus on some of them. The effect of the creature had overcome Gamer's Spirit but could not totally break his mind.

Among the wave of despair, pain, sorrow that the creature was showing him he spotted familiar faces. Anna, June, his Mom, Moira, Felicity? He had two afternoons of forbidden delight planned this weekend, with the hottest woman he ever saw and his sweet, loving girlfriend, he wouldn't die before doing this!

Suddenly he snapped out of the spell cast by the creature, clearly surprised that someone could resist it. Two bubbles of flesh on the creature's head bursted, shooting long thin pink tongues with a sharp barbed tip. One went jabbing his left thigh and the other in his chest. The tip of these tendrils had pierced his armor like it wasn't there.

60 dmg ( hp drain, mp drain)

John tried to cut them but the rubbery flesh let the broken sword slip from it. John ran behind a pillar with the damn things still attached and eating his life and mana. He was really close to get under half his hp and had no mana left His usual hit and run tactic gave him an idea that was mad enough to work.

Achievement unlocked : stalwart resolve.
You faced the gaze of an Outsider without having your brain dripping from your ears, congratulations. Don't look at it too much though, you might end up liking it.
Reward
+5 Wisdom
+300xp
20% resistance against mental dmg.
20% faster recovery from mental dmg.

Ding!
You reached lvl 8
+15 hp
+15 mp
+2 inventory slots
+6 stat points.

The mana of the creature was only half full and its black hole spell had taken all of it. Figuring he was somewhat safe John got out from behind the pillar. He began by running away from the creature, dragging with him the long pink tendrils, then as the creature followed he turned back and running as fast as he could (which was pretty fast with his boots) he circled a pillar five times and made a knot with the two tongues. Once done he removed the barbed tips with the point of the lower half of his broken sword.

The spawn in itself was pretty small, its head the size of a basket ball with a feet feet of tentacles under it. It had already tried to swallow back the two pink links, trying to reel back its prey and found itself closer and closer from the pillar.

John spammed his Magic Projectile spell on the creature, knowing that without an host it was already slowly dying.

He got it down to 120/320hp having to fight the constant regen of the creature.
The monster had gotten itself too close from the pillar and he wasn't capable of undoing the knot using its tentacles.

John used Restrain on the monster to approach and then jumped to kick the brazier from the top of the pillar, tipping it over the creature. The mass of dark flesh suddenly found itself stuck under a burning metal dome filled with hot coals. John was resting his weight on the foot of the upside down brazier and was busy stabbing anything that got out from under it.

He could see a long string of small dmg amounts slowly ticking as long as the creature was under this.

It finally stopped moving or trying to get out, John had seen a lot of horror movies and knew better than removing the metal bowl to check if the creature was dead. He didn't get any xp, so it was still alive.

"Moira said that you were very creative and talented. Those were not empty words, I'm impressed that you managed to..." said Kim who approached him now that his fight seemed over. She never got to finish that sentence though.

John had forgotten about checking the mana of the creature and let it cast another spell. The metal bowl cracked open, shattering itself in a few big pieces and hundreds of small shards of shrapnel. The part of the room they were in turned into a fireball of dark fire.

500 xp
John ignored for now the other window that had opened.

John landed (his boots being the only reason he didn't crash.) covered in wounds and blood, various amounts of shrapnel sticking from him (his Gamer Spirit dampened the residual pain once it was over, but did nothing against continuous pain.) . Kim had one large piece of metal stuck in her chest.

The exotic explosion had somehow drained most of his mana and he was once again getting really close to be under half health.

Feeling that he risked to quickly lose consciousness from the pain and in fear of other cells being damaged by the explosion and letting loose their inmates John had only one choice. Thankfully he was finally no longer in combat. He got his hearthstone from his inventory, rejoined his kingdom and after telling Sylvia who was waiting for him to take care of both of them, collapsed on the spot.

Diplomatic relationship.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)