More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Stelluna Stelluna

What are you?

A Female Assassin

You were part of a tutorial, designed to teach new players the fundamentals of dying, resurrecting and repairs, if needed.. You would sneak behind them after a quest and take them down quickly through your trusty blade. While fun for the first few times, it quickly got stale. Your life was boring but safe as you only had to deal with newbies. Hundreds would try to thwart your attempt but at the level the quest was onto them, it was fruitless. And then the developers introduced the 'Outclassing the Assassin' quest. That damn quest.

That quest allowed grudge holding heroes to take their out on you, provided that they tracked you down. At first this was easy, most heroes relied heavily on their interface and not on their eyes, letting you hide behind objects to avoid. Then, they started to make things easier, adding a radar, limiting your movement and so on. This essentially made the quest brain-dead easy, considering that the quest was unlocked way later into the game. They were generally around level 50-60 by the time they attempted the quest. With a sigh, you bring up your stats menu and decide what to do next.

Assassin

Level: 12

Health: 50

Mana: 80

Attack: 120

Defence: 2

M.Attack: 10

M.Defence: 2

Agility: 40

Skills:

Assassin (Passive): Critical hit have a 35% base chance to occur and deal 250% damage, however, your attack speed is slowed by 30%

Decisive Strike (Passive): Your first strike will deal an extra 450% damage if the target is unaware.

Clean Getaway (Passive): Killing a marked enemy grants you a burst of speed.

Acrobatic (Passive): You are able to climb on walls, jump very high and have a 15% increased chance to dodge attacks.

Marked for : You mark an enemy for , lowering their defence by [Your Attack/2] and causing any critical strikes to automatically hit. Lasts for 8 seconds. 20 Mana, 20 second cooldown.

Dagger Toss: Throw a knife at your enemy, dealing [Attack*1.5]. If the target is marked for , this attack is a guaranteed critical hit. 12 Mana, 8 second cooldown.

While capable of dealing a crazy amount of damage for your level, you also die to a stiff breeze. You were also able to take out some cocky high levels that went to the quest alone but it quickly became common knowledge to get a group of at least 5 members. At the very least, you were able to take out one hero out before you fell. You were fairly lucky though, you weren't some critter like a snake or a sheep. You could fight back, fairly well too. A sudden notification interrupts your thoughts.

What does it say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)