More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

How do I break the news to my suitors?

20 ways this story is different from the game

My feelings are mixed at the moment. In one way, I am very happy that Brooke and Sereena helped me to realize that my beautiful business partner Leah is the one that I want to be with. On the other hand, I am sad because I know that I am going to break the heart of two of my friends Mark and Ben. I think that it will be harder to face Mark with this change in my life since we have been through so much together. Mark and I have known each other since we started college together and I remained by his side even when he dated that insufferable girl Amy. I am really not very good at this romance stuff since I have not been involved with it for very long. I just hope that I can be the sweetheart that Leah needs.

"I thought that you would wind up with Leah," Brooke mentioned.

"Really?" I blurted out.

"You seemed to be connecting with her a lot more than you were with Mark or Ben," Brooke explained.

"I called it too," Sereena gloated.

"When are you going to tell everyone?" Brooke pried.

"I was thinking about pulling the trigger at the Blackbourne Gala," I thought out loud. "I will be wearing my best clothes and it will be the perfect atmosphere to start the next phase of my life."

"That's a good idea, but I have a better one," Brooke suggested.

"What?" I wanted to know.

"Do it now," Brooke ordered. "I know you, Sadie. Whenever you put off doing something important, you worry about it and then you make yourself upset. That isn't healthy for you."

"I agree with Brooke," Sereena prodded.

"You two have a point," I conceded while running my fingers through my hair. "It is going to be hard dealing with Mark and Ben."

"They're big boys," Sereena consoled. "They will get over it. Besides, they will be happy for you since they are your friends."

"I suppose you're right," I whined.

"She is," Brooke decided to end the discussion. "Let's go inside."

I led my posse back into my apartment while trying to psyche myself up to deal with my problems. As soon as I put my hand on the doorknob, I heard the phone ringing. I hurried inside to find Keo talking into the phone.

"It's for you, Sadie," Keo announced. "It's Ben."

"Here we go," I muttered while taking the phone and marching myself into my bedroom for some privacy. "What is it, Ben?"

"I have some tickets for a basketball game tomorrow," Ben offered to make it clear that he was asking me out on a date. "Since we had so much fun at the baseball game, I thought that we might try a different sport this time."

"Well..." I whimpered while sitting down on my bed.

"Is there a problem?" Ben probed.

"I don't think that is a good idea," I refused.

"Why not?" Ben pressed.

"I just want us to be friends. I'm sorry."

"As long as you are honest," Ben responded. "I hope that you and Leah will be happy together."

"How did you..." I gasped.

"I could see how you two were looking at each other," Ben clarified. "I didn't need a fortune teller to know what was going to happen."

"You okay?" I asked somberly.

"Yeah sure," Ben sighed. "If you'll excuse me, I feel the need for some ice cream."

"That's what I go for when I've got the blues," I recommended.

"Bye!" we called out together just before hanging up.

I grabbed the phone and walked into the living room so I could put the phone back in its holster. Anybody that saw me at the moment could see that I had a storm cloud hanging over my head because of what I had to do to Ben. I dejectedly sat back down in my recliner with my arms folded across my chest.

"Are you okay?" Sereena prodded while patting my back.

"Love can be hard sometimes," I complained.

"You look like you could use some ice cream," Brooke suggested.

"I'll go get it," Sereena offered.

Sereena would have went into the kitchen to get the ice cream, but everyone froze when we heard the doorbell. Somehow I just know that this is not going to be good news or maybe I am thinking that way because I am already down in the dumps. Keo got up to look through the peephole and then looked back at me with a grim smile on his face.

"Sadie, you are one popular lady," Keo commented.

"What makes you say that?" I had to know.

"Mark is on the other side of this door wearing a tuxedo and holding a bouquet of roses. I think that it is safe to assume that he is not here to see Sereena."

"Here we go again," I grumbled while getting up to open the door. I went out into the hallway so we could have some privacy. I am almost embarrassed to see my friend wearing a fancy tuxedo when I was wearing a plain brown dress.

"These are for you, Sadie," Mark greeted while handing me the roses.

"Thanks, what are you doing here?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"I know that this is short notice, but my company gave me to tickets to the opera tonight and I was hoping that you would like to go with me," Mark offered.

"I appreciate the offer, but I can't go," I refused.

"Are you busy?" Mark wondered.

"I have made my decision and I am afraid that it isn't you. I am sorry, but I just want us to be friends."

"Leah is one lucky lady," Mark commented morosely while rubbing the back of his head.

"It seems that my friends know me better than I know myself," I reasoned.

"It was always hard for me to get your attention when she was in the room," Mark explained.

"You okay?" I wondered.

"Yeah, I'll just go home and watch Space Jam," Mark told me.

"See if Cole will watch with you," I ordered. "I don't want you to be by yourself."

"Okay," Mark agreed.

"I still care about you a lot," I revealed while touching my friend's right arm.

"Thanks," Mark sighed.

"Take care of yourself," I requested while extending my right hand for a friendly handshake.

"Friends like us don't shake hands," Mark refused while squeezing me in a hug.

This is a red letter day for me. I have just broken two hearts in a matter of minutes. I stood in place as I watched Mark waved goodbye and leave. I knew what my friends would offer me when I got back inside and I knew that ice cream wasn't going to cut it this time. I knew that there was only one thing that could cheer me up now. I need Leah's help for this one.

Do I get together with Leah?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)