More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nedward62 Nedward62

Who is getting in the shop? And how did they get there?

18 Year Old Jack Lewdman

Jack was your typical nerd. He was thin and pasty and spent way too much of his time in his room playing video games. Because of this, he didn’t have many real world friends. Jack had just turned 18 yesterday, and he was ready to spend spend some of that money he had saved up. He was walking to his favorite video game store, GameStoop, when something caught his attention.

‘ACME? Where’d this place come from?’ Jack thought to himself, stopping to further inspect the strange new store. ‘Amazing Curiosities and Marvels Emporium. I swear this place wasn’t here before, but I can’t think of anything else that would be here.’ Throwing aside all the sucspicion to the side, Jack walked through the doors, curious what the store held for him.

The name of the store couldn’t have been more accurate. The whole place was filled with marvelous unique trinkets that John hadn’t seen before, except for some that looked straight out of video games he had played. Jack picked up a bracelet looking at what was apparently a morphing bracelet. He flipped it over, looking for a price, and was shocked to find the price to be way over his budget of $100, and put the bracelet down.

Figuring that he wouldn’t be able to find anything affordable in here, Jack walked over to the shopkeeper he ignored when he walked in. “What can I buy from here with $100?” Jack asked, showing the five twenties he had. The shopkeep seemed to laugh at Jack, but assisted him by vaguely gesturing to a corner of the store that seemed to be a sort of clearance section. Jack walked over after talking a little more about the nature of the store, finding that there was actually an item limit of one per customer. He eyed all the overflowing shelves of the clearance section. ‘There’s no way something actually good is in here, but if it all actually works like the clerk said it would, it’s worth a hundred dollars.’ Just then, Jack found something he had to get.

What did Jack find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)