More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MistWolf MistWolf

Who's going to end up naked?

Élise de la Serre (Assassin's Creed)

"I fear that you have lost so much already that you cannot bear to lose more. I think that you would let Germain rule France if you thought it would 'save' me. Have you ever known me to need saving? Have you ever had cause to think that I would accept it if it were offered? My fate is my own. My choice is my own."

―Élise's last message to Arno.

Élise de la Serre (1768 – 1794) was a French noblewoman and a Templar, as well as the adoptive sister and lover of the Assassin Arno Dorian.

Personality and characteristics :

"You should be proud to inspire such loyalty in your followers, Élise. Perhaps you can use those gifts to inspire your Templar associates in other ways. We shall see."

―Jennifer Scott, admiring Hélène's loyalty to Élise, 1788.

A free spirit, Élise was rarely idle and would often seek out trouble in her youth. As a child, she was quick to laughter which caused her peers in the convent and in the Maison Royale to became annoyed by her. Defined by her mentor Weatherall as overconfident, she sometimes underestimated her opponent and showed stubbornness and irritation if her views were countered. She was very similar to Julie, never keen on joining any of the other noble women's daughters, instead taking an interest in more masculine activities, such as playing war with the boys. Élise believed that there was always a third way, an ideology that she had gained from her deceased mother. Growing up, she developed a set of values which she loyally lived by and was willing to go to any lengths to see her goals fulfilled.

Her opinions were strengthened during her meeting with Jennifer Scott. Élise supported Haytham Kenway's judgement that the war between Assassins and Templars must cease. Élise was also considerate and loving to animals, and was fond of giving them treats or grooming them if they had behaved properly.

Equipment and abilities :

Due to extensive training throughout her life, Élise was both well-educated and in her physical peaks, with her swordswomanship outclassing even Arno. She was also able to equip pistols in combat. In battle, she would rely on strategy, planning counters for her opponent's moves ahead of time. As a Templar, Élise was also trained to become aware of her surroundings and to use clues found in her environment if she needed to track hidden enemies. If needed, she would use charm to convince people to help her.

Romantic life :

Although they were technically family, Élise and Arno saw each other not as siblings, but as friends during their youth. Growing up, their feelings developed and the pair eventually fell in love. Due to their respective educations the lovers had very little time to spend with each other and were only able to meet several times a year. During one her visits abroad, Élise meet Byron Jackson with whom she broke her trust to Arno. However, Élise immediately regretted this decision and felt extremely guilty about it afterwards. Ultimately she decided not to tell Arno about it and chose to look at her mistake as a sign of the great love she had for him; given how upset she felt over the action and that she wanted no other man in her life other than Arno.

Once Élise discovered Arno's failure to deliver a letter warning her father of the betrayal, their relationship became strained. Élise held Arno responsible for her father's , and it was not until years later, coincidentally by which point Arno had joined the Assassins, that the two began to rebuild their friendship and quickly resumed their romance.

Trivia :

  1. The name Élise is a diminutive form of the French name Élisabeth, meaning "God's promise". Meanwhile, Élise's family name comes from the French Serre, meaning "talon" or "greenhouse", while de la, "from the", indicates nobility.
  2. In Unity's ending cutscene, Arno is shown visiting Élise's grave in the Cimetière des Saints-Innocents. However, when visiting said location in-game, Élise's grave is not there. Instead, the gravestone appears next to her parents' in the garden of the de la Serre estate in Versailles.
  3. The Unity novel contradicts this, stating that Élise was buried at the Cimetière des Saints-Innocents.
  4. Isabelle Ardant had a portrait of Élise hanging in her London office in 2015.

Where is Élise when she becomes naked and how does it happen?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)