More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by porneia porneia

How do you greet your blind date?

[Story Notes]

"Catwoman as a villain is irresistible. This is an unfair advantage that she uses without conscience." - Adam West

Place in the DCU (DC Comics Universe)
This is early on in the evolution of superheros. Both Superman and Batman are currently only urban legends, though Lois Lane at the Daily Planet is beginning to start to snoop around. Catwoman has just begun her career as a costumed cat burglar. I prefer to keep things low powered. A Superman verse Galactus fight isn't going to happen, though I have no problem importing Marvel characters.

Characters
Andrea Decar - the Exhibitions Manager of the Athenaeum
Anne Rorbeck, Dr.
- David's boss. The Head of the Pediatrics Dept at MGH.
Bruno "Ugly" Mannheim - Head of Intergang and one of Metropolis' most dangerous gangsters.
Douglas Greer, Dr. - A surgeon friend of David.
Frank - Main doorman at David's apartment. His son Truman helps out sometimes.
Franklin - Leslie's assistant at the clinic.
Harleen Frances Quinzel (Harley Quinn) -
Holly Robinson -
Isis - Selina's all black Seal Point Siamese cat.
Jamal - Athenaeum college intern.
Julie Dent - Director of the Athenaeum (divorced) and the sister of Harvey Dent.
Karana Latz - Athenaeum college intern.
Leslie Thompkins, Dr. -
Mary Novak - Acquaintance of Dr. Rorbeck and David's intended date of the evening.
Penguin's henchwomen: Finch (redhead), Jay (Chinese), Lark (blonde)
Stan "Pops" Lieber - Nickname of the Ahtenaeum's oldest security guard.
Suzie - Young woman who works in the Athenaeum gift shop.

Places
Alleytown
- "a network of cobblestone streets that form a small borough between the East End and Old Gotham"
Halldorf Hotel - One of Metropolis' richest hotels.
Iceberg Lounge = The premiere nightclub in Gotham owned by the Penguin. In the Diamond District.
Metropolis Athenaeum of Fine Art - A medium, but stylish art museum. The "vault" is the nickname for the special collections room. (Based on the Athenaeum in Hartford, CT.)
Metropolis General Hospital -
Midway City Museum - Managed by Carter Hall & Shiera Sanders Hall. Has the The Spear of Inanna.
Park Row, Gotham - A tough part of town where Dr. Thompkins as a clinic.
Robinson Hotel - The "best" hotel in Park Row.
Sword and the Strumpet - An English style pub owned by the Penguin in the upscale suburb of Bristol, next to Gotham.

Sport Teams
Baseball Teams = Gotham Knights (AL, Selina's team), Gotham Goliaths (NL), Metropolis Monarchs (AL), Metropolis Meteors (NL, David's team)
Football Teams =

Writing Guidelines
* Trying to keep each chapter to under 500 words.

* The story begins in the late afternoon on a warm spring day.

* In the main story threads (where David thinks Selina is his real blind date) Selina has stolen David's cell phone. (She doesn't want anyone calling him that his real date is still waiting.)

* Selina's mission is twofold. First and foremost, she has been hired by the Penguin to steal the large gem set in the Aleister Crowley necklace in the Athenaeum. She has been given a fake glass one to replace it. Selina does not know that Lex Luthor is the one who wants the gem and that it's Kryptonite. Her next objective is to case the Athenaeum so that she can steal any trinkets for herself, either now or in the future.

* One of the major themes of this story is seduction. Selina is actively trying to seduce David in order to get into the Athenaeum. David is unintentionally, or accidentally, seducing Selina simply by being himself. Because of her conversations with Dr. Thompkins, Selina already has a soft spot for the good doctor. She has been around good looking bad boys all her life, which are a dime-a-dozen to her. The honorable and good-hearted Dr. Anderson, however, is something unique.

* Another theme is contrasts. David is methodical and tends to overthink things. While Selina is impulsive and likes living on the edge.

* When writing for Selina, remember the best lies are mostly true.
Also, the key to seduction is the willingness to walk away while leaving them wanting more.

* Other names for Catwoman (ugh this a pain):
black haired beauty/bombshell
(Why is there no good single name for "black hair", like brunette or blonde?!)
emerald eye enchantress
gorgeous Gothamite
Kyle
raven haired witch
Miss Kyle
Selina (I am holding off using this name until Catwoman actually begins to fall for David.)
(Similarly, she will not call him "David" until she is so attracted.)

Writing Links
Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus
Urban Dictionary
Slang Dictionary
Writing sound effects (human)
Writing sound effects (weapons)
Judo Throws (pictures)
Judo Throws (English names)

Links - Information About Catwoman
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Catwoman_(Selina_Kyle)
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Catwoman
comicvine.gamespot.com/catwoman/4005-1698/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catwoman

Links - Fun Catwoman Stuff
Batman: The Animated Series - "Almost Got' Im" (Se1,Ep46)
Batman: The Animated Series - "Chase Me"

Batman: The Brave & the Bold - "Inside the Outsiders!" (Se1,Ep26)
Batman: The Brave & the Bold - "The Mask of Matches Malone!" (Se2,Ep17)
"Bat Romance" (Parody of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance")
DC Showcase - "Catwoman"
No Catwoman list would be complete without a tribute to Julie Newmar.
"Catwoman - The Diamond Exchange" by blinky500
"Catwoman - Principles" by blinky500
"The Knight Waltz" by blinky500
"The World's Finest" by blinky500

Major Characters Listed Below:

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)