More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by grimbous grimbous

Our story begins...

[Story Guide]

Reader Directed Story: My main interest in writing this was to create a story where the readers got to directly and consistently steer where the story went. I have experimented with this idea in some of my other stories and it has lead me to some very interesting places I would not have gotten to on my own. This will not be a Choose Your Own Adventure story in the traditional sense as there will only be one linear path through the entire story. The 'Choose' part will instead happen as the story is being written. Occasionally side branches may happen, say if the group splits up or something, but it will all come back together before long.

How Will This Work?: At the end of most chapters I will present two or more options. Until this site gets some sort of polling capability of its own I think I will use one of the strawpoll sites and link the poll at the end of the chapter. If anyone knows a better way to do this I am all ears. While the vote is open the chapter title will have (Vote) at the end, when I start working on the next chapter I will close the vote and remove the (Vote) from the title. Votes tallied after that will not count.

System?: This story is based on the 5e D&D rules but only to a point. I am not going to sweat the little details, or some of the big details, and neither should you. The game gives us a framework to work with but I won't be bound by it. Knowledge of the game isn't necessary to follow along, though there might be some odd terminology if you are not familiar with the game.

My Limitations: As with any writer I've got my limits. Obviously the site rules will be followed. Also certain fetishes will be avoided all together or only dabbled with slightly. I don't want to give an exhaustive list but two examples are almost anything scatological and really rough scenes where one of the main characters is willfully the aggressor. I'll try to keep our options broad, but this isn't an 'anything goes' type of story. This is a heroic adventure after all.

Feedback: I always enjoy positive and pleasant discussion in the comment section. Be warned that any ideas thrown in there I am going to feel free to borrow, steal or adapt. Ideas regarding the ongoing process of world building should go in 'The World' section.

If you like it, Like it: As ever with any story on this site, if you like a story throw it some likes. It lets the writer know there is interest in the story and it can be a motivation to keep going. To be blunt, if there is no interest in this story I have other ones I could be working on instead or I could write this one in private for my own interest. Lets see how this goes!

What's next?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)