More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

[QUEST] Geralts journeys after the final expansion pack Blood and Wine

Author’s Note: The choices in this story will be similar to the choices in the game, each choice will have consequences decided by the author that will impact the relationships with characters and the rest of the story. Choices will usually be to the end of the chapter.

Geralt was enjoying life after his most recent contract became much more involved than he had initially expected it to be. One benefit is that he had the opportunity to fall in love with the land of Toussaint all over again. The Duchess had most generously gifted him the estate of Corvo Bianco where he had been investing in the land to make it more homey after it was a disaster when he first received it. Now after a new coat of exterior paint and god work on the interior the house was as better than expected for a first home for Geralt. Now that the vineyard was up and running again, the coin was pouring in, making Geralt wonder if being a witcher was even necessary any more. He had few visitors to visit him in this part of the land, Yen and Triss came occasionally to let him know what was happening with Ciri as she became accustomed to the pressures of running an empire. Both Yen and Triss had agreed to become her advisors as soon as she asked them.

It seemed as if both Yen and Triss were still fairly bitter from being two timed with each other and were letting Geralt know with their cold attitudes. In Geralt’s defence though, how could he say to no to one of the two most beautiful women in the world? Geralt had been secretly seeing Syanna for some time now, she had been sneaking out of the palace every night and joining him in his bed when the Majordomo and all the staff were in their beds. It wasn’t a relationship as much as curiosity on both parts. Syanna wanted to know what making love to a man with stunted feelings would be like, and Geralt wanted to know what was really inside her, beyond her cold exterior. Hiding things from Syanna’s younger sister, the Duchess Anna Henrietta was becoming more of a challenge however, as she came to suspect her sister running from the palace each night. Geralt could only hope she didn’t know where Syanna was going.

After making up with her sister the Duchess had sentenced Syanna to two months restrained to the Palace, Syanna had only allowed one day to herself to follow the rules before she went about breaking them again. As night fell, Geralt wondered if Syanna would come tonight or not, she had told him the night previous that Anna had started adding more guards outside her room and in the palace. Anna’s excuse was safety for everyone therein, but Syanna knew it was to prevent any further escapes. Anna didn’t mind Syanna escaping, she had been doing it since she was a child, but the chance of the populace finding out that she had broken her imprisonment could cause riots, especially because of the gravity of the crimes she committed, which were to arrange the deaths of four knights of Touissant.

“Anything else before I retire for the night Sir?” The Majordomo asked.

“Nothing at all B.B” Geraalt smiled at his trusty friend. The friendly nickname came from his name Barnabus Basil which was too much of a mouthful to say on any normal occasion. As the house quieted down, Geralt sat in his comfy chair he had bought from a merchant arriving from Novigrad, waiting to see if the telltale knock on his door would come this night. A few minutes later a faint knock was heard outside his door as had been for many previous nights, Geralt got out of his chair and set his book aside before walking up to the door. He opened it slowly so that no one on the estate would hear the squeak of old hinges, and saw a lady covered in a riding hood and cloak. “Anna?” Geralt asked in shock looking into the stunning Grey eyes of the Duchess at his door step, which were similar to Syanna’s except for the hint of the blonde hair peaking out from below her hood in place of Syanna’s black hair.

“That’s right witcher, were you expecting anyone else?” Anna asked letting her hood down to reveal her hair down casually and not in her regular regal do, and a raised eyebrow as she tried to look past him into what she could see of his home.

a) No, I’m just surprised to see you, that’s all my lady, especially incognito like this

b) Certainly not you Anna, would you like to come in for a cup of wine?

c) Looking gorgeous as ever my lady, to what do I owe the pleasure?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)