More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Roosan Roosan

What are you?

(almost) a Vampire

Yup, you're a creature of the night, a fanged monstrosity, a blood sucker, a Vampire. Well, you almost are.

In actual fact, you're what Vampires were before they got all those massive stats buffs, damage reductions, funky attacks and the like. You're the prototype, the Neanderthal to their Homo-Vampien; You're a Half-Fang. Yeah, it's as bad as it sounds. You've still got the range of weaknesses that fully fledged Vampires get but none of the benefits, like their hefty reduction modifier to all damage types that aren't from one of their weaknesses. And while you can suck blood, it's a pretty weak attack and with your abysmal melee attack rating, your unlikely to even manage the grapple in the first place.

There's one perk to being a Half-Fang though; to represent the life you led before you were 'turned', you're granted one random Player trait or skill from the first level. It's not much as half the time it's a spell casting or healing buff that's of absolutely no use to you but it's better than nothing. Probably.

Okay, you think, Let's see what we've got today...

Half-Fang
Level: 3
Melee Attack: 6
Ranged Attack: 2
Weakness: Sunlight, Light Based Attacks, Holy Attacks, Fire Attacks
Special Abilities:
Drain - Can initiate grapple attack to do half normal melee damage and restore health at half efficiency.
Previous life - In your previous life you were a [Sniper]. You gain the [Damn Good Ground] trait.
Damn Good Ground - Your ranged damage increases proportionate to how much higher you are than your target.

Sniper? That's not a class you recognise, probably from some pay-to-win expansion. At least it's better than yet another buff you can't use. This one might come in useful, despite the fact this damn ruin doesn't have anything better in the ranged department than rocks.

Oh, yeah, the ruin. You have a quick look at your spawn point to see what has changed; nothing much. Still a crappy looking ruined castle on the edge of a cliff. The adventurers (boo! hiss!) enter through the front door and kill everything until they get to the top and kill you. Given that it's one of the lowest level dungeons, only just out of this realm's tutorial, there's nothing more threatening than zombies below. Generally, they provide the players with a brief speed bump before they crash into you full .

At least, that's how it supposed to go. Today... well, today you're feeling lucky.

You wander over to the battlements and look out. Sure enough, a trio of brightly dressed figures are walking towards you. You can't too well but the one in front looks like some sort of fighter followed by a... a wizard? Whatever the case, they go in through the gate and before long you can hear the zombies below getting mown down. Poor devils, such a low INT score they can't even try to think of a way to kill the heroes. And even if they do manage to mob down a hero by sheer weight of numbers, they don't get any XP.

The ruin reconstructs itself every day to keep things interesting so somedays you can see better the lower floors better than others (once a glitch made the whole ruin into a Escher style nightmare of geometry which made it impossible for the heroes to get to you. Ah, good times) and today seems to be a particularly good day. Looking down, you can very clearly see the heroes hacking down undead after undead as they advance up a stone stair way. Your earlier guess was right, a male armoured fighter leading a female wizard and what looks to be a scrawny male rogue.

As you watch disinterestedly, you catch some of the words being spoken between the party members. The fighter seems to be lecturing mid fight.

"-careful here, there's no hand rail and the fall is fairly steep. I'd probably survive but I'm not sure if either of you have enough HP to make the fall."

Wow, he sounds really humble

"Shut up dude, I can do this dungeon in my sleep" snaps back the Rogue, deftly dropping a zombie with a quick throwing knife. "The only reason we're even here is to run your stupid girlfriend though it to grab some levels for her." At this, the wizard (wizardess? You know Witch isn't right, that's a different class altogether) blushes.

As you watch them slowly advance through the throng of zombies, an idea strikes you. You've got a clear line of sight, plenty of rocks and, given that they're only midway up the castle, a massive damage buff. What have you got to lose?

Who do you through the first rock at?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)