More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ComteCheese ComteCheese

Who's there?

(More on Sociopatheticism)

[This segment is due for revision at any time as it is still ongoing. Be aware that anything might change or be modified appropriately over time.]

Sociopatheticism In a Sentence (Or Two)

Anti-social: Getting off from societal interactions and the rules that govern perception and the manipulation of them. This means enjoying not just general sexiness, but the wrongness of or between interactions and outcomes, not just in the sense of their being immoral, but improbable in real life. The usage of the term stems from this being a) typically associated with anti-social tendencies, and b) "Anti-Society".

Patheticism: Representing a desire for and vulnerability to not just sex, but control, perversion, deceit, exemption, being responsible for the changes in others, having things effortlessly go their way (especially ironically), and the "little N.Y.V. things" (Naive Young Virgin) in between, particularly with respect to an upstanding, prude world that the influencer views themselves inferior to. This is the more major point of the two when it comes to uniquely defining the SP concept; as opposed to a "power fantasy", this is more a "fallacy fantasy" -- the fantasy of making the mistaken beliefs of the influencer define what's real, proper, and supposedly true, also empowering/vindicating them as a result when seen enacted by a reality, system, or type of person they are infatuated with, deem as very developed and with a strong identity, or consider superior to themselves. This is difficult to fully incorporate as it is often characterized by the subtleties of said subjects.


To clarify:

This is not necessarily a genre, and far from being new; this is intended to define an aspect of mind control that has existed in secondary forms for much of the genre's lifespan, and attempt to give it another name. (E.g. calling part of a story coldblooded, funny, uplifting, or psychopathic, can also now be joined by calling it or one of the deeds in it 'sociopathetic' -- at least theoretically, in a world where such a name sounds less corny than it does in ours, perhaps.)

Sociopatheticism either in pieces or as a whole can be found in many MC stories floating around the web, and this was inspired in part by coming across Murakami's Normality series and other MC stories here in CHYOA.

However, because of the nature of erotica, most of these stories usually end up on an axis dedicated to making either the most out of sex or the most out of another aspect of MC or with a restrictive kind of conflict; with sociopatheticism, the idea is based on making the most out of nothing while still being able to enjoy the familiar erotic aspects of appealing physiques, passion, sexuality, depravity, etc. alongside it. It also describes the basis on which the desire for these aspects are based, and not just a character's perspective, but the tone of the storytelling.

Just remember that this is

1) not just about what is done in a story but how it is done.
2) still primarily a mind control descriptor, so is tied to several tenets of the mind control fetish as well. At the end of the day, it's about the reader's sexual pleasure, and even if sociopathetic mind control is a main part of a story and the act of sex is not the priority, getting off from something is, and this could include anything from flat chests, miniskirts, or trailer trash that interest is also shown in, with sociopathetic properties being just another fragment. Not all sociopathetic stories will please all fans of sociopatheticism, because like mind control it is an umbrella for any number of other kinks to fall under; but for those with a deliberate focus on or awareness of it, there may be a better general understanding of where it may fall on the scale.

Table of Contents

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)